Back to Recipes
All-Natural Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Make your own frozen yogurt with real strawberries and avoid store-bought varieties that contain unnecessary and potentially harmful chemical additives.
- 1 packet of gelatin
- ¼ c. cold water
- ¼ c. honey
- 6 T. nonfat dry milk
- ¼ c. water
- 2 c. yogurt (plain)
- 1 c. fresh or frozen sliced strawberries (approximately ½ lb.)
- In a small saucepan, soften gelatin in cold water until dissolved.
- Mix nonfat, dry milk with water. Puree milk and water mixture with yogurt and fruit in an electric blender.
- While the machine is working, add gelatin mixture, pouring steadily into the center of the blender so as to incorporate the gelatin evenly throughout the mixture.
- Freeze until desired consistency is obtained. Other fruits can be mixed or substituted for strawberries. You may also add raisins, nuts, and coconut to taste.
Makes approximately 1 quart.