Back to Recipes
Crispy Oven-Baked Catfish
Trick your taste buds with this healthy alternative to fried catfish.
- 2 pounds boneless fish fillets
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 4 c. corn flakes or wheat flakes (sugar free)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and set aside.
- In a blender or processor, grind cornflakes until powdery (2 cups at a time).
- Add salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne to the cornflake crumbs.
- Mix thoroughly and pour into a plastic bag.
- Dip each piece of fish into the beaten egg mixture then into plastic bag, shaking to coat thoroughly.
- Place coated fish on a greased (use a cooking spray) cookie sheet about ½-inch apart and bake at 475 degrees for approximately 10 minutes. Turn the fillets over and bake for 10 more minutes.
Note: Ovens vary in temperature so be sure to watch your fish. Fish cooks quickly, so all you really want to do is to brown and crisp the coating.