Back to Recipes
Green Pre-Cardio Drink
This drink is perfect for that extra boost before a great cardiovascular workout. Each ingredient contributes in its own way:
- Onions contains sulfur compounds that help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Parsley and celery are high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and iron—minerals that help prevent cholesterol build-up.
- Cayenne and ginger make increase circulation throughout the body.
- 1 c. tomatoes
- ½ c. mineral tonic water
- 3 T. raw onion (preferably sweet onion)
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ c. celery with leaves
- 1 tsp. granulated kelp
- 1 c. ice cubes
- 1 pinch powdered cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ginger root
- Wash produce
- Process all ingredients in juicer
- Drink 30 minutes before working out