Back to Recipes
Honey & Cinnamon Apple Pie
There’s nothing quite like homemade apple pie with natural, healthy ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1 ¼ c. pastry flour
- 3 T. butter
- 3 T. sunflower oil
- 2 T. ice water
- Measure flour into a medium-size bowl. Add butter and cut into flour.
- Add oil slowly and continue to cut or mix until dough looks crumbly.
- Slowly add ice water and mix until you can gather the dough into a ball.
- Place dough on a floured, flat surface or wax paper.
- Flatten the dough with your hand, sprinkle a little flour over dough and roll out to form a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Place in a 9-inch pie pan (lightly dusted with flour).
- Flute edges and cut off excess dough with a knife. Prick dough several times with a fork to prevent bubbling. Set aside.
Note: This recipe does not include a crust over the top of the pie. To add a crust on the top, double the recipe, divide into two, and roll out two separate circles or weave a pie crust topping.
- 4 c. sliced apples
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1 T. melted butter
- 2 T. flour
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Combine apples, honey, flour, and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared crust and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Makes one 9-inch pie.