Back to Recipes
Honey-Kissed Fruit Jerky
Made with just a touch of honey, this delicious fruit jerky gives you all the health benefits of dried fruit—without added sugar.
- Assorted fruits of your choice (ripe or over-ripened fruit provides the best flavor)
- 1 T. lemon or lime juice per quart of fruit
- 1 T. honey, per quart of fruit
- Prepare fruits by removing pits, peeling (if desired), and cutting into chunks.
- Puree fruits in a blender or food processor.
- Add 1 T. of lemon or lime juice for each quart of yellow or light-colored fruit, and 1 T of honey per quarter of orange and/or pineapple pulp.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and pour puree onto the sheet, so it’s about ¼-inch deep. Distribute evenly by tilting the sheet.
- Place the sheet in the oven at 140 degrees and leave the oven door cracked open 2–6 inches. The fruit jerky will dry in 4–5 hours.
Properly dried fruit jerky will be sticky to the touch, but peel easily from the waxed paper. Once dried, roll the waxed paper with the fruit leather into one loose roll. It can be stored for years in the freezer, for months in the refrigerator, or for several weeks at room temperature.